From FLP Aloevera.co.uk,  http://www.flp-aloevera.co.uk/Aloe%20_Vera%20_Study%20_1.html

aloe veraA Comprehensive Aloe Vera Study

Aloe Vera Studies OrganizationGiving You the Facts and Exposing Fiction and Hype About Aloe Vera, its Healing and Nutritional Properties, and What to Look for in Top-Quality Aloe-based Products.  While this website does not necessarily endorse everything in the article, it is felt that the article contains valuable information for you, and will let the reader decide how it may apply to your own situation.

The Potted Physician, 13 Ways Aloe Vera Can Help You:  Known to herbalists and medical folklorists for centuries as the "medical plant" or "the potted physician", this cactus-like plant with green dagger-shaped leaves filled with a clear, viscous gel was brought from Africa to North America in the sixteenth century.  But long before this, aloe, whose name means "shining bitter substance," was widely regarded as a master healing plant. The ancient Egyptians referred to aloe as the "plant of immortality" and included it among the funerary gifts buried with the pharaohs. In recent decades, medical research has confirmed and extended many of the health claims for the shining bitter substance (used topically or consumed as a liquid) that is the heart of aloe. Here is a brief review of its merits.

Helps Heal Wounds:  The bulk of the aloe leaf is filled with gel, 96% water with the other 4% containing 75 known substances. Applied to wounds, aloe gel is a mild anesthetic, relieving itching, swelling, and pain: it also is antibacterial and ant fungal, increases blood flow to wounded areas, and stimulates fibroblasts, the skin cells responsible for wound healing.  An animal-based study in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association found that both oral and topical aloe preparations speed wound healing. Animals were given either aloe (100mg/kg body weight) in their drinking water for two months or 25% aloe Vera cream applied directly to wounds for six days.  Aloe had positive effects in both cases. The size of wounds decreased 62% in the animals taking oral aloe compared to a 51% in the control group. Topical aloe produced a 51% decrease in wound size compared to a 33% in the control group.

Supports Surgical Recovery:  Aloe decreases surgical recovery time, according to a report in the Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology. Eighteen acne patients underwent facial dermabrasion surgery, in which lesions are scraped away. Dressings were applied to their faces, with half of each person's face receiving the standard dressing coated with surgical gel, and the other half with aloe added to this dressing. The half of the face treated with aloe healed approximately 72 hours faster than the other side.  Dermatologist James Fulton, M.D., of Newport Beach, California, principal author of the report, uses topical aloe in his practice to speed wound healing. "Any wound we treat, whether it's suturing a cut or removing a skin cancer, heals better with aloe Vera on it," he states.

Continued

© 2000-2004 Pros, Inc. All rights reserved.

 
aloe

Homepage

We are proud to be a Spam Free vendor!  We use no e-mail campaigns to market our product and respect your privacy.

Buy

Aloe Vera

Now!

Aloe Vera
Benefit of Aloe Vera